Friday, August 24, 2012

My Big Walk - 9 Hours to Go and Fame at Last

Just a quick post to update you all on My Big Walk which is due to commence in only nine hours from now.

Regular readers of this blog will know that I am walking from the ChYps children's hospice in Northfleet (near Gravesend) to Dover Castle over the forthcoming Bank Holiday weekend - a total distance of around 70 miles.

I am pleased to inform you that I have already managed to hit my initial sponsorship target of £ 500 before taking a single step thanks to the generosity of Kent businesses, friends and family, readers of this blog and my Twitter and Facebook followers.

Now that I have hit the £ 500 mark I am sure that more sponsorship will follow once the walk gets underway.

If you would like to sponsor me and help seriously ill children in North and West Kent and the London Borough of Bexley receive treatment in their owns homes, please visit my Virgin Money Giving page at the following link....

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/glenhumble

Many thanks, as always, for your support.

P.S. fame at last? Yes, my mug shot and a write up appeared in today's issue of the Gravesend Reporter

P.P.S. I will be writing a post tomorrow evening about the first day of my walk




No comments:

Post a Comment